Sarala Birla University, Ranchi offers a three years full time Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com.) – Accounts Honours Programme to inculcate the wide range of skills and competence among the students in the area of commerce. The B. Com. (Honours) is an advanced graduate full time 3 years course offered by Sarala Birla University to provide quality education in the field of Commerce. In today’s era, commerce is the emerging and growing career with more and more corporate entering into the trading & commerce businesses through E-Commerce networks. This program offers the courses like Financial Accounting, Business Economics, E- Commerce, Business Statistics, Auditing and Entrepreneurship with the practical exposure of the accounting software Tally. Commerce offers foundation for many professional careers like Finance, Planning, Accountancy, Tax Practitioners, Banking and Broking etc, besides academics, research, and many more.
This programme caters to commerce aspirants who desire to build their professional competence on a higher plateau with specialized knowledge in the field of Business and Commerce. The curriculum is duly developed considering the desired level of knowledge exposure in the context of ever changing environment in global business. The three year B.Com (Honours) degree programme is divided into six semesters and is designed as per the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) model curriculum prescribed by UGC. It includes core papers, discipline specific electives, generic electives and skill enhancement courses.
Why B. Com. from Sarala Birla University
SBU is dedicated to offer cost-effective quality education. The University aims at providing students not only ‘education for living and livelihood’ but also ‘education for life’ and empowers learners with a fundamental foundation in leadership and professional skills to face the challenges of the new global economy.
Some of the special features are mentioned below:
- The experienced and highly qualified faculty has strong research orientation which helps them impart quality management education to the students. The faculty also holds a variety of corporate experience.
- Expert talks by industry professions conducted for students.
- PDP and soft skills lectures are organized to improve the communication and confidence of the students.
- The University utilizes its state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities to the fullest to provide best learning environment to the students. The facilities include ICT equipped lecture theatres, and Computer Labs.
- The University encourages its students to inculcate interpersonal and leadership skills through various extra-curricular activities including sports, cultural activities and other events.
- Students are encouraged to benefit from educational resources from NPTEL.
- Weekly quiz, Management games, special sessions being conducted for all students to evaluate their knowledge of business happenings etc.
- Teaching-Learning environment with modern Audio-visual facilities
- Opportunity for Student Exchange Programme with partner Universities / institutes
- Add-on opportunity to learn through compulsory Foreign Language in the curriculum
- Personality Development Programmes