1. What are the various courses offered by Sarala Birla University?
University offers Diploma, UG and PG courses in Engineering, Commerce, Managements, Humanities and Social Sciences. To view the complete list of the various courses offered by Sarala Birla University, Please Click here
2. Are the courses offered by Sarala Birla University Recognized?
-Yes. Sarala Birla University, Ranchi is recognized under the UGC Act. Please Click here to view the UGC notification for SBU University, Ranchi.Please Click here to view the UGC/ Other notification for SBU University, Ranchi.
3. Where can I get the Prospectus and Application Form?
- You need to visit Sarala Birla University Campus, Birla Knowledge City, P.O.- Mahilong, Purulia Road, Ranchi- 835103 , Toll-Free - 95251 10001 Or you can download the Prospectus from our Website Click Here
4. Do I need to come down to Sarala Birla University campus / admission office to receive/submit the application form?
-No, the application form is available online. You can fill the application online.
5. What is the minimum requirement to applyfor a particular course in Sarala Birla University?
-Eligibility requirements differ from course to course. For detailed information, please check the programs offered by the University on our website.
6. Does Sarala Birla University offer any Scholarship?
-Yes, University offers various “Merit Cum Means Scholarship”.To view the complete list of the various scholarships offered by Sarala Birla University, Please Click here University also provides support for availing E-Kalyan scholarship of Government of Jharkhand.Click Here
7. Does Sarala Birla University offer assistance in availing Education Loan?
8. Whom should I report/meet first when I report to the campus?
Contact our Information Centre.
9. Is there any Dress Code or Uniform for students?
-To lend brand-exclusivity to each of our students, a dress code is mandatory for the students of the University. Students are required to follow the common Dress Code of the University.
10. Where can students purchase Uniforms?
There are various shops in the market which provide University Uniform.
11. Is it necessary for the parents to attend/ accompany children during counseling?
-No. It is not mandatory for parents to attend/accompany children during counselling. But they need to sign various documents related to admission.
12. Does SARALA BIRLA UNIVERSITY offer Ph.D Programs?
-No, at present the University doesn’t offer Ph.D programs.
13. Can a student apply for UG/PG program in absence of 10+2/Graduation final year result?
-Yes, student can apply for UG/PG program in absence of 10+2/Graduation final year result but before commencement of classes the result need to be submitted.
14. Are marks obtained in the qualifying exams considered for Admission?/What is the selection criterion of Sarala Birla University?
-All admissions are strictly on merit. Admissions to some courses are based on merit in the All-India entrance test/ SBU_CET, and in some programs based on merit in the qualifying examination.
15. How many application forms one can fill while applying to various programs at Sarala Birla University?
-Courses are combined under different groups. Only one application is sufficient for courses under the same group. Separate applications are required for courses under different groups.
16. How many levels of Test / Interview arerequired to clear the selection process?
17. From where can I get the admit card in case of SBU_CET?
-It can be collected from University Information Centre or can be downloaded from your Application login.
18. Is there any Management/Reservation/Donation Quota?
-No. All admissions are awarded strictly on merit and we don’t have any management quota, reserved/ donation seats or payment seats of any kind.
19. Can I get admission based on ENTRANCE TEST ALONE?
-Depending on the admission criteria, the admissions will be based on merit in the entrance test or marks in the qualifying examination. However, all candidates must fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements.
20. What will be the venue of the Counselling process and is Skype facility available for the Counselling process?
- No, Currently Skype counselling facility is not available physical presence of the candidate or parent is mandatory. Venue for counselling would be Sarala Birla University Campus, Birla Knowledge City, P.O.- Mahilong, Purulia Road, Ranchi- 835103.