This postgraduate degree course in economics generally covers the study of principles of economic theory, micro- and macroeconomics, comparative economic systems, money and banking systems, development economics, tribal economics, econometrics, international economics, quantitative analytical methods, applications to specific industries and public policy issues, etc. It is a two years duration course and the syllabus is divided into four semesters.
Why M.A. Economics from Sarala Birla University?
SBU is dedicated to offer cost-effective quality education. The University aims at providing students not only ‘education for living and livelihood’ but also ‘education for life’ and empowers learners with a fundamental foundation in leadership and professional skills to face the challenges of the new global economy.
Some of the special features are mentioned below:
- The experienced and highly qualified faculty has strong research orientation which helps them impart quality management education to the students. The faculty also holds a variety of corporate experience.
- Expert talks by industry professions conducted for students.
- PDP and soft skills lectures are organized to improve the communication and confidence of the students.
- The University utilizes its state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities to the fullest to provide best learning environment to the students. The facilities include ICT equipped lecture theatres, and Computer Labs.
- The University encourages its students to inculcate interpersonal and leadership skills through various extra-curricular activities including sports, cultural activities and other events.
- Students are encouraged to benefit from educational resources from NPTEL.
- Weekly quiz, Management games, special sessions being conducted for all students to evaluate their knowledge of social, economic and business happenings etc.
- Teaching-Learning environment with modern Audio-visual facilities
- Opportunity for Student Exchange Programme with partner Universities / institutes
- Add-on opportunity to learn through compulsory Foreign Language in the curriculum
- Personality Development Programmes