The underlying objective of the Bachelor of Arts (Economics) course is to develop theoretical and analytical skills of the students so that they may be absorbed in the corporate world or be able to pursue higher studies at the Master level in Economics. In the rapidly changing globalized market scenario, the need was felt to equip students with the capability to understand and handle the dynamic of economics and the business world. In order to achieve the above-mentioned objectives, a comprehensive syllabus comprising topics relating to economics, quantitative techniques, business, and analytics has been developed in the three-year, six-semester module, giving wider coverage to the course contents, better organization to enable easier assimilation of the same by the students, and a more professional touch to the course.
Why B.A. Honours (Economics) from Sarala Birla University
SBU is dedicated to offer cost-effective quality education. The University aims at providing students not only ‘education for living and livelihood’ but also ‘education for life’ and empowers learners with a fundamental foundation in leadership and professional skills to face the challenges of the new global economy.
Some of the special features are mentioned below:
- The experienced and highly qualified faculty has strong research orientation which helps them impart quality management education to the students. The faculty also holds a variety of corporate experience.
- Expert talks by industry professions conducted for students.
- PDP and soft skills lectures are organized to improve the communication and confidence of the students.
- The University utilizes its state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities to the fullest to provide best learning environment to the students. The facilities include ICT equipped lecture theatres, and Computer Labs.
- The University encourages its students to inculcate interpersonal and leadership skills through various extra-curricular activities including sports, cultural activities and other events.
- Students are encouraged to benefit from educational resources from NPTEL.
- Weekly quiz, Management games, special sessions being conducted for all students to evaluate their knowledge of business happenings etc.
- Teaching-Learning environment with modern Audio-visual facilities
- Opportunity for Student Exchange Programme with partner Universities / institutes
- Add-on opportunity to learn through compulsory Foreign Language in the curriculum
- Personality Development Programmes